Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Wavering is the Hardest Part or Random Thoughts While Showering



Have you ever noticed that ideas come to you while you are in the shower?  Or fragmented thoughts come together very rapidly?  Maybe it's because we leave the distractions  behind. Or maybe the hot water forces us to relax and let our brain pay attention.

I am purposely posting the following directly to the blog. No editing. This is the product of ten minutes in the shower this morning. I have to get it out of my brain and on virtual paper because I need to run out the door to work.

Waves

I am wavering
on the beach
regarding the ocean
and it's mystery
Oh Ocean, how do I love thee?
Let me count the waves.
Sea waves send sound waves
magically across airwaves
to a drum in my ear
which sends pulsing waves
to my brain
brain waves are the currents
of neurons crashing
across synapses
saying to my body, my soul
"Relax, you are home."
For now I must leave you
and follow the tide out
and return in a year
to ponder the ontology
deep within your waves.
Today I must wave "goodbye."



2 comments:

Featured Post

The Vietnam Experience or Coloring on a Tabula Rasa

Dr.  Frazier (Terry, in green shirt) hand-pedaling in 2020 If I was born a blank slate , it did not take long for the world to write the w...