Saturday, November 12, 2016

Veterans Day on a Creative Morning

Just when the last spark of hope seems to be surrendering to lack of oxygen, a few words can gently blow in through the ethernet, scrawled in shaky ink and offer a breathe that whispers the gray from it's surface and the heat glows visible for a moment. 

When I began writing blog posts I had no plan. I was just putting my thoughts on glass and sending them to the vague world of the internet. More people have read what I have written than I ever imagined. My post about my experience as a student in a class about the Vietnam War was published in a magazine called The Veteran. And just when I needed it most, the editor of that magazine sent me this note from a reader:



And on Veteran's Day, I attended a breakfast talk delivered by a co-worker at an event called Creative Mornings. She gave a powerful multimedia performance of imagery, acting, and speaking that moved a crowd of a few hundred. There is power in creating something. So the fact that I created something that meant enough to this man, who has lived such a long life, to take the time to write this note buoyed my spirit. Maybe I am creative in a way that can make a difference. 

Below, I have pasted some quotes from the posts that I have written so far. If they pique your interest, please click on them to see the context. Thank you to everyone who has supported me during this process of learning to blog, to write, and to share.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Vietnam Experience or Coloring on a Tabula Rasa

Dr.  Frazier (Terry, in green shirt) hand-pedaling in 2020 If I was born a blank slate , it did not take long for the world to write the w...